[FLVTool2-users] performance issues with large files

Norman Timmler lists at inlet-media.de
Wed Apr 26 04:27:47 EDT 2006

Hi Carina,

i saw your comment on my blog but did not find time to respond.

The problem is, that FLVTool2 is reading the whole file into memory and
examining each tag. A streaming mode is not implemented but planned. I
cannot give you a release date, because i am busy at the moment.

Sorry about that.

Ciao,
Norman

Am Mittwoch, den 26.04.2006, 09:47 +0200 schrieb Carina S:
> hi,
>
> Sorry for crossposting but I just found this mailing list an I guess this is
> the better place for my question than the inlet-media blog.
>

> I recently started testing the flvtool2 and I discovered some performace
> issues when I try to inject metadata into large flv files (the duration of
> the metadata injection increases exponentially & the tool uses a lot of RAM
> an ~50% of the CPU).

> My test results:
> FLVTOOL2:
> 4 minutes long flv File: 4 seconds
>
> 10 min flv (15MB filesize): 35 sec, uses 25 MB of RAM
>
> 25 min flv (37MB filesize): 3 min 40 sec, uses 58 MB of RAM
>
> 100 min flv (150MB filesize): >1 hour, uses 250 MB of RAM
>

> jfyi: With FLLMDI - which I don't want to use because it's only a win32 app
> - it takes about 3 minutes to inject the data in the 100 min flv.
>
> Do you have similar experiences? Is there a way to solve this problem?
> Or are there plans to fix this problem?
>

> kind regards,
> Carina

Norman Timmler