[Ferret-talk] Very small scores for search results

David Balmain dbalmain.ml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 07:00:06 EDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Johnny Cussen <cussen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep. Weird huh.

Not as weird as you might think. OS X (and other *BSD based systems)
have a different endianess to Windows and Linux. Unfortuntately I
don't have a Mac to test on. I'm waiting for someone to donate a Mac
or enough money for me to buy one. ;-) Alternatively, I'm sure I could
fix the problem if someone could offer me an ssh login to an OS X
server. Or better yet, someone could send me a patch. If any Mac users
are reading this and they'd like to have a go at fixing this
themselves, the problem has something to do with the way floats are
compressed into bytes in c/src/helper.c. The C unit tests probably
won't pass so if you can fix them the problem should be fixed. Let me
know if anyone wants to have a go at fixing this.

Cheers,
Dave