[ditz-talk] Ditz Cleanup

Eric Merritt ericbmerritt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:34:58 EST 2011

Hello All,

I have contributed to ditz in the past and am using it again. I am
looking forward to making contributions again. One thing I noticed as
I was looking at getting involved again is that the ditz repositories seem
to be pretty fragmented. It took me a while to find the canonical gitorious
repo.

Back in October Michael Nagel made the following observation

,----
| Hi everyone,
|
| the ditz page at http://ditz.rubyforge.org/
| the ditz ditz page at http://ditz.rubyforge.org/ditz/
| and the debian releases at http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/ditz.html
|
| are all rather old and stale whereas on http://gitorious.org/ditz
|  there seems to happening something/a lot.
|
| so my question is: are there any plans on updating the information
|  on these pages and maybe even put together a new release?
|
| Best Regards
| Michael
`----

He has a very good point. It looks like ditz.rubyforge.org is the main
user page, while gitorious is the main repo. Any chance you could sync
the gitorious and ruby forge, perhaps put a not on the
ditz.rubyforge.org page. I suspect it is as simple as a cron job on
the box of someone that has access to both gitorious and rubyforge.

Getting a new release started would also be great, both to debian and
the gems. I don't have much experiance with this though.

I would be more then willing to help in this if needed.

Thanks,
Eric

--
Eric Merritt