[ditz-talk] Question about ditz and plugins

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Sat Jun 4 10:15:40 EDT 2011

I'm trying to create a plugin that has a field that is validated. Using
standard ruby syntax I can make sure that invalid values aren't
accepted. However valid values don't get written out to the YAML file.

Here's what I have so far. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm pretty
new to ruby and ditz, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing
something basic.

def self.get_allowed_priorities
  return ["P1", "P2", "P3", "P4", "P5"]
end

field :priority, :multi => false, :default => "P3", :prompt => "Specify
a priority (#{Issue.get_allowed_priorities * ","})"

def priority=(priority)
  if !Issue.get_allowed_priorities.include? priority
    raise Error, "Priority #{priority} is not in the list of allowed
priorities (#{Issue.get_allowed_priorities * ","})"
  end
  @priority = priority
end