[ditz-talk] What is the status of ditz

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Tue Nov 3 08:36:40 EST 2009

Reformatted excerpts from Ciprian Dorin, Craciun's message of 2009-11-03:
> Just out of curiosity, I have a couple of questions:
> * what didn't you like about the current implementation?
> * what would you do differently?
> * what are you using / going to use now?

Well, I think the implementation is great. I'm particularly proud of the
yaml-backed object model, and I think the interface and the plugin
system both turned out really well.

But I realized that after using ditz quite heavily for a while that I
actually want a centralized bug tracker---it just works better with my
development style. It's hard to admit that, after spending so much time
on ditz, but hey, maybe it will meet someone else's needs.

There's been a recent thread on sup-talk where we've talked about this,
since my primary use case for Ditz's was to support Sup development.  It
might be interesting to read:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/sup-talk/2009-November/003439.html

I don't know what I'm going to use now. Nothing out there really meets
my needs. I have some ideas what it would look like (which I describe
briefly in the sup-talk thread) but I'm trying to stop myself from
developing something new.