[ditz-talk] Dependencies

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Mon Feb 9 11:38:26 EST 2009

Reformatted excerpts from Devendra Gera's message of 2009-02-07:
> I'm not a ruby programmer, so I thought it prudent to ask - is anyone
> working on that bug?

No one (AFIAK) is actively working on it. But the plugin system is
stable and it wouldn't be hard to implement this.

In terms of a design, I was thinking of something very lightweight, that
just let you add issues to a 'dependencies' field without imposing any
other real constraints (maybe warning if you try and close something
without having closed its dependencies.) In this case in would be a
pretty simple plugin.

A good model for this might be the issue-claiming plugin, which also
adds a field to the Issue class, tweaks the displays to include it,
and adds and overrides a few commands. (But the field will have to be
set :multi.)