[ditz-talk] Hooking all Ditz changes to VCS commits

Ben Finney ben+ditz at benfinney.id.au
Sun Dec 6 17:49:43 EST 2009

Howdy all,

I'm using a Ditz plug-in to create hooks for Ditz commands and have them
automatically result in commit to the VCS. (I'm using this because the
Ditz database is in a separate repository, so the only changes in that
repository are Ditz database changes.)

However, it seems only some of the actions are hooked this way. The
hooks I'm using are ‘:after_add’, ‘:after_delete’, and ‘:after_update’.
This has led to the hilarious situation where I added a new release to
the Ditz database, but it didn't get committed to the VCS so nobody else
had that release.

Shouldn't ‘:after_add’ be triggered when adding a new release? (It
evidently wasn't in this case.) What hooks need to be used so that *all*
changes to the Ditz database are caught?

--
 \           “Special today: no ice cream.” —mountain inn, Switzerland |
Ben Finney