[ditz-talk] Fwd: is there a windows installer?

Harold Hausman hhausman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 15:37:57 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 1:57 AM, linjie nie<nielinjie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list:
> I have not any knowledge on ruby, but really interested by ditz and
> distributed issue tracking concept. I really want a try on this cool tool.
> Could you guys please provide a windows installer?  Thanks very much.

Hi,

Ditz is written in a language called Ruby. You need to install Ruby to
use Ditz. A nice Windows 'one-click' installer of Ruby can be had from here:
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/

Once you've installed Ruby, installing Ditz is quite simple. You can
use Ruby's package manager (gem) to install Ditz by typing the
following command on the command line:
gem install ditz

Once that completes, you're ready to use Ditz. Try the commands:
ditz help
ditz init

Hope that helps,
-Harold