[ditz-talk] command line ditz

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Wed Sep 3 23:49:01 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Dalton Calford's message of 2008-09-03:
> Is there a reason you took this particular path?
> It does not seem well suited for portability or scalability.

Someone else wrote Sheila. I just updated it to work with modern ditzes.

> For example, my server will have between 620-700 projects on it.
> We are not a company providing git services, this is just for our
> internal projects.
> We currently run Apache2 on the server for our existing web interface
> and we would need to run over 600 dedicated to port servers in addition?

No, you would have to modify Sheila so that it could handle multiple
projects.

But frankly Sheila is kind of a proof of concept. Given what you're
trying to accomplish (namely, host a lot of git projects and put a web
interface on them and also have issue tracking), I suggest using Sheila
as a reference for how to add Ditz support to something like Gitorious.

> I am wondering if it would be better for me to look at gitorious as it's
> code is also gpl and it could perhaps support the front and and the
> issue database.
> One solution would cover both needs, and would cut overall development
> time.
> It is also written in ruby so the code should be portable to the new
> system.

Gitorious would be a good option for what you're trying to do. It
doesn't have issue tracking, so you will have to add that.

> Is anyone here familiar with Gitorious's source code?  I am currently
> downloading and installing it.

You're going to have to reply to all if you want to ask anyone besides
me. :) I'm cc'ing the list in this reply.

Personally I'd be interested in adding Ditz support to Gitorious, and
there is actually already an issue for this (@79149547), but it's not
super high priority ATM.