[ditz-talk] What about labels?

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Tue Sep 2 23:23:55 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from nicolas.pouillard's message of 2008-09-02:
> Well, I've sent two merge requests. The first one is about to fix some
> recent bugs in ditz found while testing labels, and an addition. The
> second add the plugin for labels.

I've merged them in. Thanks, good stuff. (I actually just committed the
same fix as your e008483d). A couple comments:

1. What was the point of:
-    @template_dir = File.dirname Ditz::find_ditz_file("share/ditz/index.rhtml")
+    @template_dir = File.dirname Ditz::find_ditz_file("../share/ditz/index.rhtml")

   Was something not working? Can I change it back? The behavior should
   be identical...

2. The problem with storing the label objects in project.yaml is that if
   two people both add a label, that file will conflict. So I think it
   would be better to recreate the Label objects on the fly when the
   project is loaded in.

   If you do that, you might not even need to serialize the Label object
   itself. Components, releases, etc are just stored as strings in issue
   objects, which makes the YAML easier to read and modify.

   (Components and releases are scheduled to move out of project.yaml
   too---see issue 80c02356).

3. I'd prefer add-label instead of new-label, in line with add-release,
   add-component, etc. Even better would be to just drop that step
   entirely, and have 'ditz label' autocreate the label.