[ditz-talk] command line ditz

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Tue Sep 2 22:14:02 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Dalton Calford's message of 2008-09-02:
> I have pulled down the latest version of ditz, git and sheila.
> What I don't understand is how they all work together.
> Is sheila a plugin?  Is sheila called by ditz html to generate a
> different html page?  How is sheila called/invoked in order to test
> it's output?

Sheila is a Camping app, so you have to run it via the (latest git
version) of Camping. If you run it from anywhere in your Ditz project,
it will bring up its own server on port 3301. It uses webrick as the web
server by default; you may want to install mongrel instead.

Here's how to run it:

1. Make a new clone of the project you want to track bugs with.
2. Clone ditz from git://gitorious.org/ditz/mainline.git.
3. Clone camping from git://github.com/why/camping.git.
4. Clone sheila from git://github.com/wmorgan/sheila.git.
5. Within your project dir, run:
     ruby -I$CAMPING_ROOT/lib -I$DITZ_ROOT/lib -rubygems $CAMPING_ROOT/bin/camping $SHEILA_ROOT/sheila.rb
   where the environment variables have been set to the clone dirs

(I realize this is all a little wonky, but that's life on the bleeding

That will give you a webapp on port 3301 that you can use to add and
view issues. Like I said, it's very preliminary and none of the git
stuff is hooked up, so basically it will just tweak the Ditz files in
your project dir and not synchronize them with anyone else. The next
step is to make it commit the modifications.