[ditz-talk] How to refer to bugs folder from subdirectories of project?

Christian Garbs mitch at cgarbs.de
Tue Sep 2 16:16:14 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 01:30:30PM -0400, Matthew Wilson wrote:
> I made my bugs folder in the top of my project.
>
> Do I always need to cd back to the top folder of my project when I
> want to read and write issues,

Using the "ditz" command to read and write your issues also works from
subdirectories.

Eg. having /home/user/someproject/bugs, the ditz command will work in
/home/user/someproject, /home/user/someproject/subdir and
/home/user/someproject/some_dir/some_other_dir

> or is there some way to refer to it throughout my checkout?

If your version control commits all changed files in the repository
(assuming that everything under /home/user/someproject is tracked),
your changed will be included automatically.

For new issues, a hint is displayed after adding the issue saying "you
might have to add the following file to your source control".  This
includes a valid path, eg. something like ../../../bug/issue-xxxxxx

So everything should just work.

Regards,
Christian
--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de

The idea is to die young as late as possible
                            (Ashley Montagu)