[ditz-talk] undefined method 'name' NoMethodError

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Tue Sep 2 11:23:49 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Matthew Wilson's message of 2008-09-02:
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/ditz/model-objects.rb:124:in `validate!':
> undefined method `name' for "features":String (NoMethodError)

It looks like the project file was generated incorrectly, I can't reproduce
this. Can you paste your bugs/project.yaml, and a transcript of your ditz init
session?

Here's what I see:
  w at entry:/tmp$ ditz --version
  ditz 0.5
  w at entry:/tmp$ ditz init
  I wasn't able to find a configuration file ./.ditz-config.
  We'll set it up right now.
  Your name (enter for "William Morgan"):
  Your email address (enter for "w at entry.masanjin.net"):
  Directory to store issues state in (enter for "bugs"):
  Project name (enter for "tmp"):
  Issues can be tracked across the project as a whole, or the project can be
  split into components, and issues tracked separately for each component.
  Track issues separately for different components? (y/n): y

  Current components:
  None!

  (A)dd component, (r)emove component, or (d)one: a
  Component name: features

  Current components:
    1) features

  (A)dd component, (r)emove component, or (d)one: d
  Ok, bugs directory created successfully.
  w at entry:/tmp$ ditz
  Unassigned:
  No open issues.