[ditz-talk] What about labels?

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Mon Sep 1 14:34:07 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from nicolas.pouillard's message of 2008-09-01:
> This work is now somewhat outdated by recent ditz changes.
> Before reworking it I would like to be sure that people/you want it.
> I plan to do it soon and I would like to be sure that's a good period
> to be reviewed.

I'd like to have it as a plugin. That way there will be no migration
necessary---the component stuff is already optional (and might get
dropped in the future because I think I'm the only one who uses it), so
you could use the labels plugin either in conjunction with, or as a
replacement for, components.

The plugin system is designed exactly for things like this: just add a
"labels" field to Ditz::Issue and add a bunch of commands to modify it.

> The first version was backward compatible, but I've heard that issue
> types could be removed (tasks,bugs,features) and I think it could be a
> good reason to switch to labels.

I'm still not sure whether I want to drop them, but labels would make it
easier to do so.