[ditz-talk] Simple Ditz GUI Frontend

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Wed Oct 22 11:04:46 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Matthew Wilson's message of 2008-10-20:
> Am working on a view that shows claimed issues for every member of a
> team.

Have you tried 'ditz claimed'?

> Does ditz need some kind of locking mechanism?  I might use the
> command-line client in a terminal to start editing a file and then
> forget about it, and then use some fancy gui to edit the same issue.

It might be better to just have 'ditz edit' check to make sure the
underlying issue file hasn't changed between reading it and writing it.
Most reasonable editors can detect when the file has changed underneath
them, so this would fix the other half of the potential overwrite
problem. (Since 'ditz edit' doesn't actually edit the file itself, but a
temp file containing portions of it, which it then translates to changed
on the original issue file.)