[ditz-talk] Simple Ditz GUI Frontend

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 09:29:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just wrote a very simple GUI frontend for Ditz. I call it Ditz
commander (v 0.1)

Features:
- Integrate HTML browser and terminal in a single UI window
- Short cut to ditz commands like "add" , "edit" , "comment" and "html"
- Auto determine the Issue ID of loading page for ditz commands like
"edit" and "comment". No need to copy & page issue ID from HTML page.

Prerequisites:
- python-vte  (Linux only?)
- python-gtk2
- python-gtkmozembed

Usage
$ Commander.py path_to_ditz_issue_repository

Screenshot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/xbenlau/Blog#5259216573926229058

Remarks:

- You may change the path of ditz issue repository after the program
launched by click the "Open" button.

- Why write in Python instead of Ruby?

I think Ditz is good but I don't know Ruby... and I need this kind of
GUI application. So I make this prototype. I don't mind if other takes
over the project and rewrite in Ruby.