[ditz-talk] [ANN] ditz 0.3 released
wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Wed Jun 4 18:09:01 EDT 2008
Ditz version 0.3 has been released!
Ditz is a simple, light-weight distributed issue tracker designed to work with
distributed version control systems like darcs and git. Ditz maintains an issue
database directory on disk, with files written in a line-based and human-
editable format. This directory is kept under version control alongside
project code. Changes in issue state is handled by version control like code
change: included as part of a commit, merged with changes from other
developers, conflict-resolved in the standard manner, etc.
Ditz provides a simple, console-based interface for creating and updating the
issue database files, and some rudimentary HTML generation capabilities for
producing world-readable status pages. It offers no central public method of
# set up project. creates the bugs.yaml file.
1. ditz init
2. ditz add-release
# add an issue
3. ditz add
# where am i?
4. ditz status
5. ditz todo
# do work
6. write code
7. ditz close <issue-id>
9. goto 3
10. ditz release <release-name>
## 0.3 / 2008-06-04
* readline support for all text entry
* hook system. Use ditz -l to see possible hooks.
* new commands: archive, shortlog, set-component
* improved commands: log, assign, add-release
* new issue type: 'tasks'
* 'ditz' by itself shows the todo list
* zsh tab completion for subcommands
* local config can now specify bugs directory location
* issue name interpolation now on all issue fields
* bugfix: various HTML generation bugs
* bugfix: ditz now works from project subdirectories
* bugfix: removed UNIX-specific environment variable assumptions
William <wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net>
More information about the ditz-talk