[ditz-talk] Some work on ditz

Christian Garbs mitch at cgarbs.de
Thu Jul 31 13:55:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 02:48:54PM -0700, William Morgan wrote:
> Reformatted excerpts from Ohad Lutzky's message of 2008-07-30:
> > By the way - where should I do it? Trollop's repository is SVN, and I
> > see ditz has its own version...
>
> I've just moved it to Gitorious. http://gitorious.org/projects/trollop.
>
> Ditz has its own version in an attempt to make ditz easy to install for
> people who are not living the RubyGems lifestyle. We'll just have to
> remember to synchronize it.

That's a question I was going to ask, too.

Currently, my Debian repository contains both a ditz and a
libtrollop-ruby package.  ditz Depends: on libtrollop-ruby.  I think
the extra trollop package is nice, perhaps somebody wants to use
trollop but does not need ditz.

I understand that there is now a newer copy of trollop in the ditz
repository.  Propably ditz 0.5 won't work with trollop 1.8.2 any more.

On the next ditz release, will there also be a release of the
then-current trollop library in the trollop repository?
It would be the easiest way for the package maintenance.

Regards,
Christian
--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de

<Telius> Nobody escapes the Spanish Inquisition!
<codepoet> \S\p\a\n\i\s\h\ \I\q\u\i\s\i\t\i\o\n