[ditz-talk] Some work on ditz

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Wed Jul 30 18:56:03 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Ohad Lutzky's message of 2008-07-30:
> I'm not sure having one hash for both global and subcommand options would
> work well. For example, you'll want the following two commands to behave
> differently:
>
>   ditz -v commit ditz-1         # Be verbose about ditz's initialization
>   ditz commit -v ditz-1         # Add patchlog to commit-message buffer

As long as the long forms of the two -v options were different, trollop
would turn them into different hash keys.  It's only when the long forms
conflict that it's a problem. Is it reasonable for a subcommand to have
an option whose long form conflicts with a global option? I kinda think
not (I can imagine unreasonable cases, but not reasonable ones), but I'm
not sure.