[ditz-talk] Some work on ditz

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Wed Jul 30 17:48:54 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Ohad Lutzky's message of 2008-07-30:
> By the way - where should I do it? Trollop's repository is SVN, and I
> see ditz has its own version...

I've just moved it to Gitorious. http://gitorious.org/projects/trollop.

Ditz has its own version in an attempt to make ditz easy to install for
people who are not living the RubyGems lifestyle. We'll just have to
remember to synchronize it.

> You should also take note that some plugins should be project-wide
> (such as git. Why is .ditz-plugins gitignored?), and some should be
> system-wide (a plugin to make all of the commands work in a nifty
> manner using vi, perhaps).

You're right, .ditz-plugins shouldn't be gitignored, and plugins should
be split into per-project and per-user. I've just added two issues that
I think reflect the ultimate desired behavior, which is that both
plugins and configuration have both per-user and per-project components,
and that the latter should generally override the former.

It will be slightly more work to make the configuration overrideable
since it's a ModelObject, but it's not impossible.

> I vote for dropping --plugins-file (but still using stop at first
> non-option).

Sounds fine to me.

> Any Debian users to appreciate the "super cow powers" joke around? :)

Yes, but only after a search. :)