[ditz-talk] [ANN] Ditz 0.4 released

Christian Garbs mitch at cgarbs.de
Mon Jul 28 17:00:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 01:07:49PM -0700, William Morgan wrote:
> Reformatted excerpts from Christian Garbs's message of 2008-07-28:

> > I'm building a new Debian package right now and I've stumbled across
> > two issues:
> Excellent! Apparently ticgit is going into Debian, so I have some
> competition to beat.

Who wants to file the ITP for ditz?  :-)
As I'm using stable on all my machines, my packages are targeted at
Etch, but they should be usable under Lenny, too.

> >  - Does anybody know the Debian way of registering zsh completion
> >    files?  The bash completion goes into /etc/bash_completion.d, but
> >    where do I put the _ditz.zsh file?
> Maaaybe /usr/share/zsh/functions/Completion/Unix/ ?

When I install zsh, there is no directory of that name, only
/usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/ which looks awfully
dependent on the installed zsh version.  Also I think I would be
invading the zsh package namespace at /usr/share/zsh.

I fully support the bug report: An application specific completion
should be packaged with the application, not with the shell, as the
application syntax is expected to change faster than the shell syntax.
That's the way it is done with bash , but apparently this is currently
neither implemented nor wanted/planned for zsh.

Light travels faster than sound.
That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.