[ditz-talk] HTML output do not show issue name

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Mon Jul 28 11:56:04 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Thomas Nichols's message of 2008-07-28:
> That would be splendid. That bug says, "For convenience, accept issue
> hash ids (ideally prefixes as well) as well as the issue names for
> commandline use"; does "accept prefixes" mean I could use just the
> initial characters of the ID, so long as they uniquely identify the
> issue in the repo, as I can in Git?

Yep. It accepts prefixes of any size. If the prefix matches more than
one issue it dies with an error. It's in the repo now if you want to try
it out.

> I'd rather have a 'tags' attribute for an issue to keep this kind of
> metadata, though, instead of shoving it into the title. That said, ditz
> is a great improvement on all the other approaches we've tried; thanks
> for publishing!

Ditz ships with a deliberately stripped-down issue model (no priorities,
no assignments), but now that the plugin stuff is ready, you can add
your own fields, commands and output. See
  http://all-thing.net/2008/07/ditz-04-and-magic-of-ruby-dsls.html
for an example. If you want to tweak the output of todo, we'll have to
do a little more work, but everything else is ready.