[ditz-talk] HTML output do not show issue name

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Sun Jul 27 23:22:40 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Ben Lau's message of 2008-07-27:
> Would it possible to consider to show issue name in the HTML page?

Unfortunately, the issue names are not global and not exportable. Ditz
generates them to make commandline use easier, but they're not
guaranteed to be unique across repositories. For example, if you clone
the ditz repo right now, add a bunch of issues, and meanwhile I add my
own issues on my repo, the names will conflict.

Only the 40-byte ids are guaranteed [1] to be unique, and that's why any
public issue information can use the ids but cannot use the names.

What I can do, which I think will help, is make the commandline accept
the issue ids in addition to issue names. I've assigned this issue to
0.5:

http://ditz.rubyforge.org/ditz/issue-31e555aefd93edaa1f7074c4f67106b1e24b6af4.html

[1] with a high probability, at least