[ditz-talk] bash completion

Christian Garbs mitch at cgarbs.de
Thu Jul 24 14:45:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 02:50:00PM -0700, William Morgan wrote:

> I don't think it's an issue of mandatory vs optional. It's an issue of
> 'ditz help <options>' specifically not listing anything. I've fixed that
> in master.  Try it all out and let me know how it goes.

It works great!

I especially like how the issue numbers are expanded together with
their headline.

I've tested every command and this is the only thing I've found:

`ditz add-release <options>` could list all existing releases -- if
the release name gets longer (perhaps including a branch name) you
could take an existing release and change a part of it.

By chance I ran into the following problem:

The completion script redirects error output to /dev/null to not mess
up the screen on possible problems.  I made a test directory under
/tmp where ditz could not find a .ditz-config.  So the completion just
"hung" because ditz was waiting for me to enter my name and mail
adress - but I could not see that.

Could the check for .ditz-config be turned off when an <option>
parameter is given?

This is my signature #12. Collect them all to get the whole set!