[ditz-talk] undefined local variable or method `stop_on_unknown'

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 21:00:04 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 4:33 AM, William Morgan
<wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net> wrote:
> Reformatted excerpts from Ben Lau's message of 2008-12-03:
>> /usr/bin/ditz:37:in `cloaker_': undefined local variable or method
>> `stop_on_unknown' for #<Trollop::Parser:0xb7a5e210> (NameError)
> [snip]
>> I have tried to find solution from google , somebody said it need to
>> install trollop >= 1.9 , but I have already installed 1.10.2 , the
>> problem still exist.
> That is definitely weird... 'stop_on_unknown' was added as a feature of
> Trollop 1.9, so that error message really makes it sound like it's not
> In fact ditz 0.5 shipped with its own version of Trollop, which had
> 'stop_on_unknown' defined anyways.
> According to the backtrace, it looks like Ditz is loading Trollop from
> this file: /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/trollop.rb.
> Is that a version installed by Rubygems? Is it 1.9 or above? Does it
> have a @stop_on_unknown variable?
> --
> William <wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net>

Hi William,

The /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rollop.rb is not installed by
rubygems, I even don't know the existence of those files. I guess that
are installed when I still using source code installation. I have
completely removed them and now it could load trollop >= 1.9 and ditz
v0.5 is working now.

Thanks a lot for the reply.