[ditz-talk] undefined local variable or method `stop_on_unknown'

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Thu Dec 11 15:33:45 EST 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Ben Lau's message of 2008-12-03:
> /usr/bin/ditz:37:in `cloaker_': undefined local variable or method
> `stop_on_unknown' for #<Trollop::Parser:0xb7a5e210> (NameError)
> I have tried to find solution from google , somebody said it need to
> install trollop >= 1.9 , but I have already installed 1.10.2 , the
> problem still exist.

That is definitely weird... 'stop_on_unknown' was added as a feature of
Trollop 1.9, so that error message really makes it sound like it's not

In fact ditz 0.5 shipped with its own version of Trollop, which had
'stop_on_unknown' defined anyways.

According to the backtrace, it looks like Ditz is loading Trollop from
this file: /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/trollop.rb.

Is that a version installed by Rubygems? Is it 1.9 or above? Does it
have a @stop_on_unknown variable?