[ditz-talk] First impressions

Christian Garbs mitch at cgarbs.de
Mon Aug 25 13:23:26 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 05:37:31PM -0700, William Morgan wrote:

> Informal poll:

I'm not sure.

I'd say "+1" straight away, but then we'd have "#" as a prefix.  This
could clash with e.g. Debian bugs.  I maintain a todo list for my
Debian packages with ditz and I might say "include a fix for #23456"
where #23456 is a Debian bug and no ditz bug (# is the common prefix
for bugs in Debian changelogs).  OTOH this is a rare corner case and I
could work around it.

I wanted to propose be "§":  It's pretty much unused I think and it
does not need to be quoted in the shell, but it's no ASCII character
so it's not acceptable.

"^23" looks like a negation, "i23" looks like an imaginary number.
"d23" (d for ditz) might work, but it looks like a 23-sided dice...

So, in the lack of proper alternatives, I think I'll stick with:

  +1

Regards,
Christian
(so much to your short poll with those two simple valid answers...)
--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de

Die beste Methode, Windows zu beschleunigen, arbeitet mit 9,81 m/s².