[ditz-talk] Hoe dependency?

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Sun Aug 24 20:47:19 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Ohad Lutzky's message of 2008-08-22:
> I'm not sure why, but it seems that the ditz gem has a dependency on
> hoe. If so, it is not automatically installed (unlike trollop).

Curious for two reasons:
1. There's code in Rakefile to explicitly remove the dependency on hoe
   (since it's a bogus one). Maybe that trick doesn't work in recent
   Hoes.

2. If it's a dependency, then why isn't it installed? "gem install"
   always checks deps before installing, and refuses to proceed if
   they're not met.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?