[ditz-talk] command line ditz

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Sun Aug 24 20:43:01 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Dalton Calford's message of 2008-08-22:
> Is it possible to use ditz in a non-interactive mode?
> I can not find any documentation for it.

There's no specific non-interactive mode, but you should be able to pipe
input into it, even in interactive mode.

Depending on what you're doing, you can also create the YAML files
directly.

Suggestions for what a good non-interactive interface would look like
are welcome. One big special commandline argument? A structured text
blob piped into to stdin? Etc.

> Where would I go to find this section in the code?

Model#create_interactively in model.rb interprets the "field" calls in
the model objects in model-object.rb, and both of those places call the
input routines in lowline.rb.