[ditz-talk] First impressions

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Sun Aug 24 20:37:31 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from nicolas.pouillard's message of 2008-08-23:
> > Yes, when used in title, description, and comment strings. I'm not
> > suggesting you only use a number there.
> >
> > I'm suggesting you allow the pound sign to be omitted in places
> > where the number is unambiguous -- specifically, the commandline.
>
> +1

Interesting. That's two in favor and one against. Any more opinions?

Informal poll:

Reply with +1 if you think it's fine for ditz to take unadorned issue
numbers like "23" on the commandline, while requiring that you mark them
up somehow (like "#23") when using them in a comment, or an issue title
or description.

Reply with -1 if you think the short issue name format should be
consistent on the commandline and within comments, issue titles and
issue descriptions. Note that using a # is interpreted a comment in most
shells, so it will have to be something like "@23", "i23", "+23", "^23",
etc. Feel free to include your favorite prefix.