[ditz-talk] [ANN] ditz 0.5 distributed issue tracker released

Christian Garbs mitch at cgarbs.de
Fri Aug 22 08:11:56 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:52:26PM -0700, William Morgan wrote:
> Reformatted excerpts from Christian Garbs's message of 2008-08-21:

> > As trollop is a separate package, shouldn't it be excluded from
> > the ditz release?
> I included it because I want the tarball to be useful for people
> without rubygems. Ideally it should be included by the tarball and
> excluded by the gem, but that's hard.

Ok, so it should stay.  I can very easily work around it in the Debian
package, so no problem.

> It sounds like by 0.6 we should have a tarball that you can
> automatically Debianize.

The first time I read this I thought you wanted to include the debian/
directory directly into the ditz git and went "noooooooo!" :-)

But if it's only "making the packager's life easier", then it's ok -
but ditz is already very easy to package.  I've never done a ruby
package before, but everythings seems to work fine and there was
nearly nothing for me to do to update it from 0.4 to 0.5.

I think I'll release the 0.5 Debian packages later this day, as my
plans of using setup.rb have been thwarted for now.

> Maybe next time I'll actually try and see that everything's working
> before just releasing it into the wild. :)

I was in fact a little surprised of the 0.5 release announcement
because there were no calls for "I want to release, please check for
last bugs or problems anyone" beforehand :-)

"Ober, zahlen!"  --  "Gast, Buchstaben!"