[ditz-talk] using setup.rb (was: Re: [ANN] ditz 0.5 distributed issue tracker released)

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Thu Aug 21 15:47:49 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Christian Garbs's message of 2008-08-21:
> I don't know much about setup.rb and ruby in general or the specifics
> of ruby integration to Debian.

Well setup.rb is a very old thing that people used to use in the dark
ages. I've only included it to make the tarball actually usable.

> Is there an easy way to make setup.rb install to /usr/share/ditz
> instead of /usr/lib/ruby1.8?

Look at INSTALL. There's a way to configure setup.rb by running it
twice.

> I don't think that files like "style.css" or "green-bar.png" should
> end up in a global library path :-)

I'd be happy to move the images and the .rhtml files into a share/
directory since that's probably a better location. They're only in lib
for historical reasons.

For packaging this release, you may want to do that manually, or to
explictly mkdir share; mv lib/*.{png,rhtml} share/.