[ditz-talk] Errors with new release

Dalton Calford dcalford at distributel.ca
Thu Aug 21 14:02:26 EDT 2008

Hey Guys,

I figured I may as well let you know what we are up to, in order to stop
re-inventing the wheel as well as allowing for others to benefit from
our work.

First off, we are replacing an existing cvs server with the git.
This has alot of issues including the fact that most of the IDE's don't
support the git directly.
So, we are using the git-pserver environment to give support to our
legacy developers.
We have edited the gitweb code to allow for windows domain
authentication and we restrict our users rights based upon their
membership in groups on the windows domain controller.

Our host machine is a Ubuntu 8.4 server.

We place all of our projects in the /home/git/ directory.

Due to special needs/configuration requirements to support pserver under
git, we have created our own make project script that creates the bare
repository, sets up the rights, initilizes ditz etc.

Since most of the users are windows based, we created a web front end
for doing all of this and we even support the creation of a new project
from existing cvs projects.

This allows the users to remotely create/manage the repository while
using git or cvs to update the code within the repository.

We are currently integrating the html forms created by ditz into the
system.

I am currently reading the rhtml files in the ditz-0.5/lib directory to
see what it would take to have the ditz add a few buttons to the forms
for me.

I am not familiar with ruby, (any link to beginners guides/reference
materials would be appreciated) but I am thinking of just having the
buttons link to a php file that confirms the users rights and calls ditz
via shell calls.

best regards

Dalton

Currently our project has the following elements