[ditz-talk] First impressions

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Tue Aug 19 14:07:28 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from William Morgan's message of 2008-08-03:
> Reformatted excerpts from David Masover's message of 2008-07-31:
> > Bugfix/Feature/Task should probably be set to some default, as I'm
> > assuming it must be provided.
>
> If you can come up with a default that satisfies everyone, sure. I tend
> to be about 50% between bugs and features. We could do something like
> "default to the last type the user picked", and then store that
> somewhere... dunno.

I'm actually wondering if I should just remove this categorization
entirely. (Or relegate it to a plugin.)

Do people find it helpful to divide things into features, bugs and
tasks? There aren't really any tools right now to list things by type
(though that will be easy now that subcommand arguments is in place).

Personally I can mostly categorize things, but I never do anything with
that information, so I'm wondering if this is a JIRA-ism left in my
brain that only makes sense when you think like a Java programmer.