[ditz-talk] First impressions

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Wed Aug 6 14:22:44 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from Ohad Lutzky's message of 2008-08-06:
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:24 PM, William Morgan
> <wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net> wrote:
> >> I'd almost just let it be -- false positives aren't particularly bad
> >> here. If I want to say "I'm #1!" and it links to issue #1, so what?
> >
> > Yeah, I think that's fine too, and prefereable to having to write
> > everything in yet another wiki syntax. Especially since the primary use
> > case for ditz is on the console, not on the web.
> I don't see how all of this can work, as issues change numbers once in
> a while (and only the sha1s remain).

Issue names are replaced with ids before being stored to disk. So you
can safely refer to issue names within issue titles, descriptions and
comments. As long as the issue names take some detectable format, it
doesn't really matter what that format is.