[ditz-talk] First impressions

Ohad Lutzky ohad at lutzky.net
Wed Aug 6 13:01:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:24 PM, William Morgan
<wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net> wrote:
> Reformatted excerpts from David Masover's message of 2008-08-03:
>> My point is that if there is only one component, it makes more sense
>> to make this something short. I like Trac's notation -- anything that
>> looks like a pound-sign followed by an integer (as in #123) is treated
>> as a link to the ticket identified by that number (ditz uses "issue"
>> instead of "ticket", but the concept is the same).
>
> I see. Yeah, this might be nice, because it does make things much
> shorter in the single-component case. But I do like the current issue
> name format for when you have multiple components (maybe only because
> JIRA managed to burn itself into my brain), so if this were to happen, I
> would want the transition to be seamless if you add components.
>
> I've added this as a feature request issue. (2cd9e99c)
>
>> I'd almost just let it be -- false positives aren't particularly bad
>> here. If I want to say "I'm #1!" and it links to issue #1, so what?
>
> Yeah, I think that's fine too, and prefereable to having to write
> everything in yet another wiki syntax. Especially since the primary use
> case for ditz is on the console, not on the web.

I don't see how all of this can work, as issues change numbers once in
a while (and only the sha1s remain).

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and

Ohad Lutzky