[ditz-talk] First impressions

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Sun Aug 3 21:58:27 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from David Masover's message of 2008-08-03:
> Throw it all in an editor, and the result is: Press the down arrow
> once to start typing a title, then twice to edit bugfix/feature/task
> (and I am proposing a default), twice more to fill in a description.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I would accept a patch.

> Point is not that there needs to be one in Ditz itself, but that it
> should be a config option.

Sure, I'd accept a patch for this.

> Where can I get Bash tab-completion for Ditz? Or was that a proposal?

It's in contrib/completion/ditz.bash. It works really well.

> Could imply it everywhere in that project, including editing issues --
> kind of nice how, in Trac, I only need to refer to issue #384 (say)
> and it becomes a link.

I'm not entirely sure I understand, but if currently if you refer to any
issue by its name (e.g. ditz-1) in the title, description, or comments
of an issue, that will get turned into a HTML link by "ditz html".

> It'd still be bad if that one Ditz installation had a separate project
> added, maybe -- either you'd have errors, or you'd have to always
> assume the old default project.

Multiple projects is definitely not supported by ditz, except to the
extent that you can specify --issue-dir.