[ditz-talk] a modest proposal for collaboration

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Sun Apr 13 17:55:21 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from nicolas.pouillard's message of 2008-04-13:
> That's  very good plan! -- Even if it took me a lot more time to setup
> all these branches that effectively writing the code :(

Sorry!

I think that I'll create topic branches for people the first time, but
ask that subsequent changes be published on branches from master. I
don't want to set the bar too high.

> I've made these three branches and request for merges.

Thanks! Tasks and shell-completion have been merged into edge.

The hooks branch contains some commits that are not hook-related (the
bugs/*.yaml changes, the prettification change, and the final merge
against edge that the prettification change requires because of the
recursive directory stuff.)

The entire bugs directory has been moved to the "bugs" branch, so that's
a delete+modify conflict, which is easy enough for me to resolve. :)

But the final commit in the branch (the merge) means I won't be able to
apply the hooks changes to master without applying the recursive
directory search changes as well.

Should I apply anyways? I don't want to be overly strict about this type
of thing. You tell me.