[ditz-talk] Emacs interface to Ditz

Kentaro Kuribayashi kentarok at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 21:52:54 EDT 2008

Thank you for your reply!

> I'm happy to try to make this work for you, but I don't quite understand
>  what you need. What should ditz do when it detects that it's being
>  called from within Emacs?

For example, `ditz add' command provides line-based editing functionality
first, then if user performes `/edit' command to edit description, ditz run
$EDITOR. (Is my recognithion right?)

Otherwise, `ditz edit' command runs $EDITOR immediately without user's
performing `/edit' command. It's good if you're in tty, but you'll see an error
message like below in Emacs:

   *ERROR*: Terminal type "dumb" is not powerful enough to run Emacs

Incidentally, my $EDITOR variable is bound to `emacsclient'.

I don't have precise idea to improve this problem. I guess it may work well
if `ditz edit' command check  itself being called whether in tty or other place
like in Emacs.

--
Kentaro Kuribayashi

kentarok at gmail.com