[ditz-talk] [ANN] ditz 0.2 Released
wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Fri Apr 11 13:09:07 EDT 2008
ditz version 0.2 has been released!
Ditz is a simple, light-weight distributed issue tracker designed to work with
distributed version control systems like darcs and git. Ditz maintains an issue
database directory on disk, with files written in a line-based and human-
editable format. This directory is kept under version control alongside
project code. Changes in issue state is handled by version control like code
change: included as part of a commit, merged with changes from other
developers, conflict-resolved in the standard manner, etc.
Ditz provides a simple, console-based interface for creating and updating the
issue database files, and some rudimentary HTML generation capabilities for
producing world-readable status pages. It offers no central public method of
In ditz 0.2, we store issues per file. This avoids many unnecessary conflicts
that occur in the single-file case.
To upgrade your bugs.yaml to a bugs/ directory, you must run
# set up project. creates the bugs.yaml file.
1. ditz init
2. ditz add-release
# add an issue
3. ditz add
# where am i?
4. ditz status
5. ditz todo
# do work
6. write code
7. ditz close <issue-id>
9. goto 3
10. ditz release <release-name>
## 0.2 / 2008-04-11
* bugfix: store each issue in a separate file to avoid false conflicts
* added per-command help
* added 'log' command for recent activity
* added better exception handling---turn into pretty error messages
* added text-area commands like /edit, /reset, etc
* all times now stored in UTC
## 0.1.2 / 2008-04-04
* bugfix: add_reference very broken
## 0.1.1 / 2008-04-04
* bugfix: bugfix/feature question always returns feature
## 0.1 / 2008-04-02
* Initial release!
William <wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net>
More information about the ditz-talk