[ditz-talk] [Ditz-talk] something like a ticket inbox

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 06:59:22 EDT 2008

Excerpts from William Morgan's message of Sun Apr 06 23:51:26 +0200 2008:
> Reformatted excerpts from nicolas.pouillard's message of 2008-04-06:
> > IHMO  the migration would not be so hard, but perhaps it would worth
> > an hybrid approach  where  both formats are allowed. That way when one
> > works alone or in a  centralized manner one bugs.yml file is enough,
> > but when working a lot with others  it's  preferable that they
> > populate the bugs/ directory. This requires a  command  to  convert
> > back  and forth issues from file to directory and one option to add to
> > select the format.
> I think for simplicity's sake, the official plan must be separate files
> per issue. As long as the UI is good enough, the user shouldn't really
> care about the details of how things are stored, and the monolithic file
> doesn't really any offer any advantages, only disadvantages.

Don't  get  me wrong I also think that the bugs/ directory approach is a "must
have"  feature.  However  simplicity  is not only in the code but also for the
user, and keeping the internal representation simple is a great strength.

Note:  why not having different kind of "sources" for issues, one could be the
original  monolithic file and another could be directory approach. The gain is
for future extensibility.

Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai