[ditz-talk] [Ditz-talk] something like a ticket inbox

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 06:59:22 EDT 2008

Excerpts from William Morgan's message of Sun Apr 06 23:51:26 +0200 2008:
> Reformatted excerpts from nicolas.pouillard's message of 2008-04-06:
> > IHMO  the migration would not be so hard, but perhaps it would worth
> > an hybrid approach  where  both formats are allowed. That way when one
> > works alone or in a  centralized manner one bugs.yml file is enough,
> > but when working a lot with others  it's  preferable that they
> > populate the bugs/ directory. This requires a  command  to  convert
> > back  and forth issues from file to directory and one option to add to
> > select the format.
>
> I think for simplicity's sake, the official plan must be separate files
> per issue. As long as the UI is good enough, the user shouldn't really
> care about the details of how things are stored, and the monolithic file
> doesn't really any offer any advantages, only disadvantages.

Don't  get  me wrong I also think that the bugs/ directory approach is a "must
have"  feature.  However  simplicity  is not only in the code but also for the
user, and keeping the internal representation simple is a great strength.

Note:  why not having different kind of "sources" for issues, one could be the
original  monolithic file and another could be directory approach. The gain is
for future extensibility.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai