[ditz-talk] [Ditz-talk] something like a ticket inbox

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 14:53:15 EDT 2008

Excerpts from Steven Parkes's message of Sun Apr 06 00:35:47 +0200 2008:
>    Interesting. Replacing bugs.yaml by such a directory would solve the
>    order problem entirely, wouldn't it?
>    But that doesn't solve the concurrent add
>    case, which probably is going to be the most common cause of conflict.
> This sounds an awful lot like activerecord migrations which, as I understand
> it, just went from sequentially generated to time-stamped in order to
> drastically reduce if not eliminate conflicts during concurrent adds.

IHMO  the migration would not be so hard, but perhaps it would worth an hybrid
approach  where  both formats are allowed. That way when one works alone or in
a  centralized manner one bugs.yml file is enough, but when working a lot with
others  it's  preferable that they populate the bugs/ directory. This requires
a  command  to  convert  back  and forth issues from file to directory and one
option to add to select the format.

Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai