[ditz-talk] [Ditz-talk] Merging issues additions?

William Morgan wmorgan-ditz at masanjin.net
Sat Apr 5 20:48:37 EDT 2008

Reformatted excerpts from yrashk's message of 2008-04-05:
> First if all, I would like to thank you for this great tool! In
> StrokeDB project (http://strokedb.com) we've just started using it and
> it looks great!

Glad to hear it.

> Though there seems to be few issues. One of them is addressed in this
> merge request:
> http://gitorious.org/projects/ditz/repos/mainline/merge_requests/39

Got it, thanks.

> Another problem is a little bit more painful. When I add an issue and
> another person adds an issue and then I pull his changes in, bugs.yaml
> can't be merged automatically ? it messes last addition (it becomes a
> conflict).

Yeah, this is a minor flaw in the whole "let the SCM sort it out"
philosophy---two append operations conflict with each other, although
it's a trivial conflict. The order doesn't really matter, but the SCM
doesn't know that.

I will probably add a ditz command to do the conflict resolution for you
in simple cases like this.