[Ditz-talk] something like a ticket inbox

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 05:52:50 EDT 2008

Excerpts from Johan Euphrosine's message of Sat Apr 05 03:24:27 +0200 2008:
> > I  think  that a great email integration would make sense. One could have some
> > hooks in sup to add an issue from an email directly for instance.
>
> Do you mean by "great email integration" that new or fixed issues
> could be sent by mail, by git-email'ing (or hg patchbomb'ing) patches
> to the yaml file ?

This kind of email integration comes for free due DSCMs emailing feature.

> That would be super awesome usecase since one would be able to ACK a
> bug, just by applying the attached patch to his repo.

Right,  but forcing bug reporters to diving into the project and then use ditz
and then send a patch seems a lot more complicated to normal users.

I  thought that when your receive a mail from a user about an bug/request, you
could  have  a  custom  command right in your mailer that will perform a "ditz
add",  the  title  could  the  mail  subject (default), the component could be
guessed  from  the  mail  body  too.  Finally the the mail-id is retained, for
further changes.

For  instance  when  you've  fixed  the bug, you could ditz could auto-email a
response to the thread. And perhaps more...

> ++Agree that having issue in separate file with unique id (as you both
> suggested) would avoid/reduce conflicts.
>
> (sorry if I broke the thread, just joined the list and don't have the
> backlog in my mbox)

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai