[Desert-devel] Shocker (at least to me) - The Rails Engines plugin is very similar to Desert

Brian Takita brian.takita at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 02:44:51 EDT 2008

Hello, Please take a look at the comments of my Desert blog post.

http://pivots.pivotallabs.com/users/brian/blog/articles/459-build-your-own-rails-plugin-platform-with-desert

Apparently Rails Engines has evolved to look a lot like Desert. The
major difference that I see so far is how the file multi-loading
works.

Does anybody have recent experience with Rails Engines? If so, are
there any other differences between these projects?
If there aren't any other major differences, then it may be worth it
to deprecate Desert and submit the relevant patches into Rails
Engines.

Thanks,
Brian