[Celerity-users] Suggestion: do not treat status 401 as an error

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 20:33:19 EDT 2009

On 24 Mar 2009, at 20:23, Jari Bakken wrote:

> That sounds reasonable, but you'll have to take it to the HtmlUnit
> list, since we don't control this in Celerity. We simply set:
>
> @webclient.throwExceptionOnFailingStatusCode = true
>
> Perhaps we should add a method to turn this on/off also after the
> Browser is created.

That's exactly what I was about to try :)  And indeed, it would be
generally useful, as it would let you inspect custom 404, 500 error
pages etc without exploding, while raising errors during normal runs.

The consensus seems to be that the new 401 behaviour would be a good
thing.  So there are two issues:

* passing that along to the HtmlUnit team
* implementing a setter method on Celerity::Browser

Should I raise tickets for either?  Let me know if you'd like me to
take further action (if so, where), or if you can handle these.

Thanks!

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/