Should we incorporate a filtering mechanism in controllers?

Philippe Monnet ruby at
Sun Apr 18 19:01:37 EDT 2010

Last year I discovered filtering_camping
<> and I have been using it
in my apps. As I am working on a OAuth Camping plugin (adapted from the
OAuth Rails plugin), I was thinking of using filtering_camping. And that
lead to the following questions?

   1. Are people using filtering_camping?
   2. Are people using other types of before/after filter framework?
   3. Should we incorporate this capability in the base?
   4. Do people prefer something simple dead easy like
      filtering_camping? Or would people prefer something more like
      filters in Rails?