Rack, Camping 2.0++

_why why at whytheluckystiff.net
Sun May 25 18:45:13 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 02:47:39PM +0200, zimbatm wrote:
> This is not that hard to do. Maybe I should add some shortening tricks document.
> I propose platterizing to be done only before release.

No, let's not have rules.  I don't feel comfortable with having
coding standards or any protocol on Camping.  The point of Camping
is to have very ugly, tricky code that goes against all the rules that
people make for "beautiful" code these days.  To show that ugly code
can do beautiful things, maybe.

I don't want to demonize anyone here, I just want to express the
ideas that make Camping different.  Camping's personality is 80x50.
It is like the little gears of a watch that are all meshed together
into a tight little mind-bending machine.  The challenge of Camping
isn't to figure out how to automate obfuscation.  The challenge is
to bring new tricks into the code that push Ruby's parser and make
everyone look twice.  Not all code needs to be a factory, some of
it can just be origami.