[Blacklight-development] default solr fields for out-of-box blacklight

Matt Mitchell goodieboy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:51:08 EST 2009

Does it make sense to come up with a list of default solr fields for
Blacklight? How can we go about compiling a good list? We could look at what
we have now, remove what's UVa specific, then compare to VuFind and other
systems out there?

This also requires a little thought on what kinds of "objects" blacklight
should support by default. One of the fields needed is "object_type" (or
something like that). That field is responsible for defining a documents'
presentation and behavior.

Thoughts?

Matt