[Blacklight-development] new blacklight

Jonathan Rochkind rochkind at jhu.edu
Thu May 1 11:11:15 EDT 2008

[Can someone change this list to reply to list instead of replying to
author?]

Thanks Bess! No wonder I couldn't find it in:
http://blacklight.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk

Which is what I was checking out before! It's not under trunk?
Okeydokey then. (I AM checking out the right thing for blacklight
itself, right?).

Going through the existing README instructions, I have also discovered
that you need to (at least) copy the good solr.yml file over BEFORE you
can run the migration--probably something in your environment looks at
solr.yml. So I'll re-order that. (And see what else I need to do to
actually get it running, not quite there yet. :) ).   I'll also add a
note about the importer.

If I follow the directions in the current BLACKLIGHT_UVA_LIB file, I'll
get a working blacklight installation with no data in it, I guess?  I'll
find out soon enough!

My rubyforge id is jrochkind. I know how to deal with rubyforge svn. Be
happy to fix up the documentation and such. Obviously won't touch any
code without permission.

Jonathan